Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant found in every cell in the body. It is made of three types of molecules known as amino acids.
One unique thing about glutathione is that the body is able to make it in the liver, which is not true of most antioxidants.
Glutathione has many important functions, including:
- making DNA, the building blocks of proteins and cells
- supporting immune function
- forming sperm cells
- breaking down some free radicals
- helping certain enzymes function
- regenerating vitamins C and E
- transporting mercury out of the brain
- helping the liver and gallbladder deal with fats
- assisting regular cell death (a process known as apoptosis)
穀胱甘肽是一種強效抗氧化劑，存在於體內的每個細胞中。 它由三種氨基酸的分子組成。關於穀胱甘肽的一個獨特之處在於，身體能夠在肝臟中產生， 其他抗氧化劑不能在體內製造。